How to use Molgramostim: Recombinant Human GM-CSF ?
AffiREC® Molgramostim, a high-quality recombinant human GM-CSF (Granulocyte-Macrophage Colony-Stimulating Factor) provided by AffiGen, offers a wide range of technical applications in various research fields.
What are the general guidelines for using AffiREC® Molgramostim ?
- Wash your hands thoroughly.
- Gather all the necessary materials, including the vial of Molgramostim, a sterile syringe, and alcohol swabs.
- Check the expiration date of the medication and ensure that it is not discolored or contaminated.
- If the Molgramostim comes in a lyophilized (freeze-dried) form, you will need to reconstitute it before use.
- Follow the instructions provided with the specific product for reconstitution.
- Typically, you will use a sterile diluent (such as sterile water for injection) to reconstitute the lyophilized powder.
- Gently swirl the vial until the powder is completely dissolved, avoiding excessive shaking to prevent foaming.
- Select an appropriate injection site, typically in the fatty tissue just below the skin (subcutaneous injection).
- Clean the injection site with an alcohol swab and let it dry.
- Take the sterile syringe and draw the required dose of Molgramostim as directed by your healthcare provider.
- Remove any air bubbles from the syringe by gently tapping it and pushing the plunger to expel the air.
- Pinch the cleaned injection site to create a small fold of skin.
- Insert the needle into the skin fold at a 45-degree angle or as advised by your healthcare provider.
- Inject the Molgramostim by slowly pushing the plunger down.
- Once the entire dose has been injected, remove the needle from the skin.
- Safely dispose of the used syringe and any remaining medication as per local regulations. Sharps containers may be used for disposal of needles.